ROOT CANAL THERAPY around the corner? Here’s a handy checklist to go through before the appointment arrives.
Getting Ready for Your Procedure
- Get a good night of sleep the night before.
- For IV sedation patients, avoid eating for at least six hours before and avoid drinking anything for at least two hours before. This is a critical safety measure, not an arbitrary rule.
- Use over-the-counter pain relievers to manage any tooth pain. (This will also apply to any post-op soreness.)
- Bring insurance information and X-rays from the general dentist.
- Relax! Many people struggle with dental anxiety, so try to focus on the fact that root canal therapy relieves pain, it doesn’t cause it. Think about how much better that problem tooth is going to feel soon.
Don’t Hesitate to Bring Your Concerns to Us
The actual procedure typically takes a little longer than a normal dental exam. We encourage our patients to contact us with any questions about the procedure.